10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Spencer Platt/Getty Images
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. US and Chinese economic data boost global stocks. Find out what markets are doing.
2. China's economy grew by a record-breaking 18.3% in Q1. But growth slowed compared to last quarter.
3. Massachusetts regulators are trying to revoke Robinhood's broker license. The trading app has just filed to go public.
4. Retail investors poured $57 million into Coinbase on its first trading day. This makes it the fifth most popular launch in the past four years according to VandaTrack.
5. Some sectors will benefit more from Biden's infrastructure bill than others. Morgan Stanley predict the winners.
6. Another day of bank earnings. Morgan Stanley, BNY Mellon and State Street are due to publish Q1 data.
7. On the economic calendar. European consumer price index data was released and University of Michigan consumer sentiment data is due later.
8. BTIG has scoured the market for beaten-down stocks poised to bounce back sharply. The firm says to buy these 14 stocks that are set to dominate the market this earnings season.
9. Coinbase's IPO is driving cryptos to record highs. A former Morgan Stanley trader who now runs a crypto-finance firm breaks down why a near-term correction in bitcoin might actually be a good thing for the industry.
10. Bank of America is predicting that Biden's infrastructure bill will drive the biggest capital-spending boom in 4 decades. The firm shares 6 ETFs investors can buy to capitalize on the trend.
Source: Read Full Article