The Amex Platinum card is offering up to $1,700 in statement credits with brands like Best Buy, and some Amex business cards are eligible for money back or bonus points
This article is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. It has not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of the issuers listed. Some of the offers you see on the page are from our partners like Citi and American Express, but our coverage is always independent. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page.
- Amex has officially announced lucrative new benefits for eligible cardholders with The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, and other small-business cards.
- These include up to $180 in PayPal credits from January to June with Platinum Card and up to $1,700 in statement credits through Amex Offers at merchants like Best Buy, Home Depot, Home Chef, and Instacart.
- Amex Business Platinum Card holders can earn 5x points (up to 400,000 bonus American Express Membership Rewards points) on wireless, shipping, advertising, gas, and office supply store purchases in the US.
- Platinum Card and Amex Business Platinum Card members will have access to complimentary nights on eligible bookings through The Hotel Collection and Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts, plus discounts on airfare and the ability to redeem points for car rentals.
- Read Business Insider's guide to the best American Express cards.
American Express started the new year off with a bang by introducing new perks for cardholders, like up to $30 a month in PayPal credits from January to June for Platinum Card members and generous Amex Offers at popular merchants like BestBuy.com, HomeDepot.com, Samsung, and Instacart.
Now Amex has announced additional benefits for consumers who are staying close to home, as well as new offers to give small businesses a needed boost through the ongoing pandemic.
If you don't have any of the cards listed below, you might still get good news soon. Amex has promised new limited-time offers for existing co-branded cardholders in the coming weeks. This includes personal and small-business Delta SkyMiles, Hilton Honors, and Marriott Bonvoy cards — so stay tuned.
New Amex Platinum benefits
The Platinum Card® from American Express
This offer is open to all Platinum Card members, and you'll still earn Amex Membership Rewards points for your purchase. There are some exclusions, however — the transaction must be in US dollars with a US merchant, and person-to-person payments, reloading of prepaid cards, and gift card purchases are not eligible. Similar to the monthly Uber credits with the Platinum Card, if you don't use the full $30 in credit each month, it won't roll over to the next.
Up to $1,700 in statement credits through Amex Offers
Many cardholders were surprised when they opened the Amex Offers on their Platinum Card and found enormous statement credits for online shopping, food and wine delivery, and travel. Unfortunately, not all cardholders qualify — these are only available to those who opened the card by November 1, 2020.
Through June 30, eligible cardholders can activate these offers:
- Spend $50 or more at BestBuy.com, get $50 back (up to two times, for a total of $100 back)
- Spend $50 or more at HomeDepot.com, get $50 back (up to two times, for a total of $100 back)
- Spend $50 or more at Home Chef, get $50 back (up to three times, for a total of $150 back)
- Spend $30 or more at Wine Insiders, get $30 back (up to two times, for a total of $60 back)
- Spend $9.99 or more at Scribd, get $9.99 back (up to five times, for a total of $49.95 back)
- Spend $250 or more at Instacart, get $50 back (up to two times, for a total of $100 back)
- Spend $1,000 or more at Samsung, get $200 back
- Spend $250 or more at Avis, get $75 back (up to two times, for a total of $150 back)
- Spend $150 or more at The Container Store, get $50 back (up to two times, for a total of $100 back)
- Spend $100 or more at Goldbelly, get $50 back (up to two times, for a total of $100 back)
- Spend $780 or more on eligible purchases at Virtual Personal Training by Equinox, get $130 back (up to five times, for a total of $650)
As with other Amex Offers, enrollment is limited, so if there's an offer you think you'll use, be sure to add it to your account right away. You'll also want to check the fine print as some offers have restrictions.
New Amex Business Platinum benefits
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
These are also Amex Offers, so activation through your account is required. You'll earn the 4x bonus on up to $20,000 in spending per category (80,000 points), so if you hit the maximum across all categories, you'd earn 400,000 bonus Amex Membership Rewards points.
Again, these offers are only available to cardholders who had an open account as of November 1, 2020. However, Amex says to look out for offers targeted to new Amex Business Platinum Card members in the coming weeks.
Benefits on the Blue Business Plus and other business cards
Up to $250 back for large purchases
Those who have eligible small-business accounts that were opened by November 1, 2020, also have a generous Amex Offer geared toward large purchases.
Once you enroll in the offer, you'll receive $25 back as a statement credit when you make a single purchase of $500 or more with The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express. You can use this offer up to 10 times, for a maximum of $250 back, until June 30.
Other eligible accounts with this offer include:
- American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
- SimplyCash® Business Credit Card
- SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card
- Classic Blue Cash® for Business
- Business Membership Rewards® Card
- Blue for Business® Credit Card
- Platinum Business Credit Card
- Business Cash Rebate Card
- Platinum Business Premium Cash Rebate
- Platinum Business FreedomPass® Credit Card
- Business Membership Rewards® Card
- Business Management Account
Complimentary hotel nights and property credits
Fine Hotels and Resorts — Amex Platinum and Business Platinum
Platinum Card, Amex Business Platinum Card, and Centurion cardholders will have access to special offers for new bookings made with Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts from January 5 to March 31, 2021, with stay dates through April 30.
Cardholders can receive a complimentary night or property credit of $250 or more after booking an eligible stay through American Express Travel at more than 200 participating properties. The booking dates and restrictions vary by location, and there's a minimum stay requirement depending on the property.
The Hotel Collection — Amex Platinum and Gold personal and business cards
American Express® Gold Card, American Express® Business Gold Card, Platinum Card, Amex Business Platinum Card, and Centurion cardholders are eligible for a complimentary night or property credit of $150 or more on eligible Hotel Collection stays booked through Amex Travel.
A two-night minimum stay is required, and available booking and travel dates vary by property. Similar to the Fine Hotels and Resorts offer, only bookings made from January 5 to March 31, 2021, with stay dates through April 30, are eligible for the deal.
Flight discounts through Amex Travel
Starting January 10, eligible Platinum Card, Amex Business Platinum Card, and Centurion cardholders will have access to discounts of up to 20% on select flights booked through the Amex Travel portal. The routes, flights, and available seats vary, and the offer is valid for bookings made between January 10 and March 31, 2021, for travel through May 31.
American Express will also waive the Amex Travel fee for US customers on flight modifications or new bookings now through March 31, in addition to continuing to honor travel provider policies for changes or cancellations.
Use Membership Rewards points or earn 2x on prepaid rental cars
Cardholders who earn Amex Membership Rewards are now able to use points toward prepaid rental car bookings made through Amex Travel, or earn 2x points if they pay with their eligible card. The minimum redemption amount is 5,000 points, and you can combine points and cash on the booking if you wish.
New Amex Merchant offers
Amex Merchants are businesses that are set up to accept American Express cards as a form of payment. Amex periodically makes new offers available to members, and the latest deals are geared toward small-business owners who want to improve their online presence.
Save 30% at Sprout Social
Amex Merchants can save on Social Media Management Solutions from Sprout Social — new customers receive a 30-day free trial, then 30% off an annual subscription when they enroll through Amex's dedicated landing page. This offer is valid through March 31.
Sprout Social is a company that helps businesses manage their social media presence across channels, streamline and scale engagement with customers, and analyze social performance.
Get 4 free months from BigCommerce
Through March 31, Amex Merchants who are new BigCommerce customers can get the first four months free after they sign up for a free 15-day trial at this Amex landing page. After the four-month period, customers will be charged the current rate according to the plan they choose.
BigCommerce is a service that helps small businesses set up and maintain an online store, so this is handy for merchants who want to make a shift to online sales.
Jasmin Baron is an associate editor at Personal Finance Insider, where she helps readers maximize rewards and find the best credit cards to fit their lifestyles.
Source: Read Full Article